Heather was rescued with her two brothers in 2015 from Thanksgiving. Before coming to The Gentle Barn’s Tennessee sanctuary, she lived in horrible conditions and saw terrible things being done to other turkeys. She was treated very roughly and was given no reason to ever trust. Despite this, Heather was the first of the three turkeys to come close to us, and now she will hang out right next to us and eat from our hands! She is so intelligent and curious; when we talk to her, she cocks her head to the side, trying to understand what we are telling her. Anytime there is something new or different in the barnyard, she spends hours watching it. She is such a special girl, and we are happy to have her as part of our forever family in Tennessee. Heather is 6 years old, and she loves hanging out in the shade with her best friends and soaking her feet in cool water. She is happiest when she is sitting on a nest, and even though there are never any fertile eggs, we can't stop this girl from hoping!
- Locations: TN
- Age: 6
- Favorite Activity: Nesting, Foot baths
- Favorite Snack: Corn
- All donors will receive (1) digital certificate (PDF and JPG formats) and (1) graphic to share on social media for the turkey(s) they have become a Guardian for.
- Digital certificates are sent via email overnight on the day your order is placed.
- Printed certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable.
- You will receive the printed version by mail and the digital version via email.
- Please allow 10 business days for mail delivery. They are mailed separately from all other shop items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order.
- If you need to send Guardianships to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders.
- Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Login page.
Deadlines to receive certificates before November 25th:
- Print: November 15, 11:59 pm ET USPS delivery times may vary by area.
- Digital: November 24, 11:59 pm ET