Luke Skywalker was rescued from slaughter just before Thanksgiving in 2015. He came from a very scary place where he lived in terrible conditions, was handled very roughly, and witnessed terrible things being done to other turkeys. Luke was terrified of us when he arrived at The Gentle Barn’s Tennessee sanctuary, but with a lot of time and patience, he learned that he was finally safe and began to relax and enjoy life! Luke runs excitedly to the gate every morning when he sees us bringing out his breakfast salad, will happily take snacks from our hands, and loves to proudly display his feathers while dancing for his female friends, Heather and Penelope! He is 6 years old, his favorite snack is seeds and nuts, and he is happiest gaining the attention of all his admirers.
- Location: TN
- Age: 6
- Favorite Activity: Getting attention
- Favorite Snack: Seeds and nuts
- All donors will receive (1) digital certificate (PDF and JPG formats) and (1) graphic to share on social media for the turkey(s) they have become a Guardian for.
- Digital certificates are sent via email overnight on the day your order is placed.
- Printed certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable.
- You will receive the printed version by mail and the digital version via email.
- Please allow 10 business days for mail delivery. They are mailed separately from all other shop items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order.
- If you need to send Guardianships to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders.
- Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Login page.
Deadlines to receive certificates before November 25th:
- Print: November 15, 11:59 pm ET USPS delivery times may vary by area.
- Digital: November 24, 11:59 pm ET