A longtime resident of our California sanctuary, Sun was rescued from Thanksgiving with her four sisters in 2015. When they arrived, they were very fearful and nervous. They had seen other turkeys slaughtered right in front of them and seemed to be waiting for us to do the same to them. We stationed volunteers to sit with them and bring them treats every day, and in a very short time, instead of running away from us, they were running toward us. Sun is now confident and filled with joy. She loves to be held and pet, and she is teaching the world how amazing turkeys truly are, one cuddle at a time! Sun is 6 years old, and she loves to snack on grapes and blueberries. When she’s not cuddling in our laps, she can be found sunning and snuggling with her best friend, Gus the goat!
- Location: CA
- Age: 6
- Favorite Activity: Snuggling
- Favorite Snack: Grapes and blueberries
Deadlines to receive certificates before November 25th:
- Print: November 15, 11:59 pm ET USPS delivery times may vary by area.
- Digital: November 24, 11:59 pm ET
- All donors will receive (1) digital certificate (PDF and JPG formats) and (1) graphic to share on social media for the turkey(s) they have become a Guardian for.
- Digital certificates are sent via email overnight on the day your order is placed.
- Printed certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable.
- You will receive the printed version by mail and the digital version via email.
- Please allow 10 business days for mail delivery. They are mailed separately from all other shop items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order.
- If you need to send Guardianships to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders.
- Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Login page.